Welcome to the Holmes Evening Book Club Blog where we talk about books online. Read the monthly selection along with us and add your comments to the discussion posts using the Post Comments box at the end of each post. Put your email address in the Follow by Email box in the upper right-hand corner to get an email notification whenever there's a new blog post.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


We'll be meeting on Tuesday, September 20 at 6:30 pm to discuss:

Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo.

Copies of the book are at the circulation desk!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to all who attended our discussion of Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo. The author introduced Buddism to me in a thoughtful humorous way. Group members shared personal stories which always provides a warm welcoming atmosphere. Much of the discussion centered on how this book made us think about how we live our lives. I know after reading this book and sitting in on our discussion I will think about the choices I make in my life. Don't sweat the small stuff (easier said than done)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the author's focus on the road trip in the book. The descriptions of the Pennsylvania landscape and Ohio towns were spot on. I haven't traveled farther west than Indiana, but now I want to drive to the Dakotas and buy a 5,000 acre farm or maybe play miniature golf. I settled for Hershey kisses provided for book clubbers.

    ReplyDelete